Today is my husband and I’s first wedding anniversary! Although we wanted to go back to Puerto Vallarta to celebrate our anniversary, it wasn’t in the cards this year and so we celebrated by hitting up an awesome mexican restaurant, Lola, on Saturday night. They had the best guacamole and even personalized it with for us: M+A 2015 (horrible lighting).
We also thoroughly enjoyed that extra hour of sleep and lounged in bed a little bit longer than we normally do just relaxing and doing some early Christmas shopping online.
Meal Planning: Week of 11/7
I truly believe that one of the most important things you can do for healthy living is to BE PREPARED on the food front. Eating out all of the time is not good for you! Even if you’re picking healthy options, restaurants use a LOT of fat in their dishes and portion sizes are almost always significantly more than what you should be eating. I make 95% of my meals which allows me to control my nutrition AND makes me enjoy eating out 10x more when we do go to a restaurant.
Because I work a traditional 8-5 job, I have to prep on Sundays to ensure I can pack the majority of food for the day to bring with me. If you work from home, you might be able to be more flexible, although I still feel a certain amount of prep benefits everyone!
I love seeing other peoples meal plans to get ideas, so I wanted to share what’s on the meal plan for this week!
- Scrambled eggs
- Kodiak pancakes
- Oatmeal with flax seed
- Salads with berries, sweet potatoes, and chicken (this is where I don’t get very creative, I typically make the same big salads every day)
- Leftovers from dinners
- PB Fingers Baked Chicken
- Spaghetti squash w marinara and ground turkey
- Cooking Classy’s One Pan Lemon Pepper Salmon and Asparagus
- Tone it Up Spicy Mexican Soup
- Baby cut carrots and hummus
- Full fat Greek yogurt with flax seed
- Sweet potatoes
- Quest bars
- Zoodles with olive oil, salt, and pepper
What I prepped:
- Prepped and baked sweet potatoes
- Marinaded and baked chicken breasts
- Made crockpot soup
- Spiralized zoodles
- Baked spaghetti squash
Who’s ready to crush this week???